Currently on hiatus due to Convid-19
If you have a hard time keeping your knives sharp this is the class for you.
In this 2 hour class you will learn to sharpen knives by hand on waterstones. Class size is maximum of 4 people to maximize one on one instruction. We will cover knife construction, steels used, sharpening theory, sharpening demos and hands-on tutored sharpening. A set of water stones are required. You can bring your own or purchase from Knifewear.
Want to grab a gift card for a class? Click here.
|Class price (per person)
- A set of water stones are required. You can bring your own or purchase from Knifewear
- Class size is limited to 4 people and will last 2 hours.
- All participants receive 10% off knives and waterstones purchased on the day.
|What to Bring
- Kitchen knives to sharpen. Chef’s knives are the easiest, flexible are the hardest. No Serrated knives.
- Your own waterstones or buy them during the class ( $122 for a starter set).
Classes run from January to the end of November, Thursday nights from 6pm to 8pm, and Sunday from 10am to 12pm in Calgary, Ottawa and Vancouver.