|Blade Length||250 mm|
|Steel Type||Nitrum Stainless Steel|
|Handle||Western Handle -|
A note about measurements: Handmade Japanese knives can vary in their dimensions, so these measurements are only an example.
Cuchillo Jamonero (Ham Slicer)
A Jamon, a beautifully cured leg of pig is an incredible touch at a party, and a crucial part of a good Tapas restaurant. The ham-slicing knife known as the “Cuchillo Jamonero” is crucial to achieving paper-thin, textured sliced of the cured meat. When preparing Jamon, it is important to have a ham-stand or “Jamonera”to secure the leg properly. The flexible knife allows for maximum control when working around any part of the leg.
Arcos Hermanos S.A.
The brand officially began in 1745 with Juan Arcos, who forged blades now found in the National Archeological Museum in Madrid. The craft continued through the family line until Gregoria Arcos Aroco who turned the small hand-forging shop into a fully mechanized production shop for high-quality spanish blades in 1875. One hundred years down the road, his descendant Gregorio Arcos Villanueva desired more and began the expansion of Arcos into the International brand that it is today. Through nearly 300 years of manufacturing, the family has never ceased their innovation.
Stainless steel is super handy because it doesn’t rust or stain easily like carbon steel. That said, remember it is stain-less, not stain-never. While it is much easier to care for than high-carbon steel, it does benefit from proper use: use it, wash it, dry it and put it away. Always avoid the dishwasher!
• Only cut food you can bite through with this knife. Hard foods can chip the blade. No olive pits, bones, lobster shells, woody stems or parmesan rinds. Cutting frozen food is especially bad because the cold will make hard steel even more brittle. If you wouldn’t chew it with your own teeth, don’t cut it.
• Your cutting surface is the biggest culprit of dulling your knife. Use wood. End grain wood is especially good. Plastic can be fine too, but certainly not glass, granite or bamboo.
• The edge of your knife works best sliding forwards or backwards. Scraping the knife edge sideways will dull or damage the edge. Instead, use the spine of the knife to move foods across the cutting board. Do not twist the edge or pry with the edge, this is the worst screwdriver you ever bought and these motions will certainly damage the edge. Listen to the knife! If you can hear the edge making a “tink” sound on the cutting board, change what you are doing.
• After use, wash the knife by hand with regular dish soap, rinse with hot water and dry by hand immediately. Dishwashers are very bad for knives.
• Wood handles may dry out over time and exposure to water. Simply treat them with some food safe wax.
• Protect the edge for your safety and to avoid edge damage. A simple blade cover will do the trick if you keep knives in a drawer or in a travel case.
• The convenient wall magnet made with wood is a great way to show off your knives. Be sure to put it back spine first, then roll it onto the blade face. This will keep the edge from contacting the wood first.
• The good ol’ counter top block can keep knives at the ready and protected, so can drawer inserts. Whatever the method, it should keep the edge from touching anything else.
We aim to ship your order within 1 business day at Knifewear, if there is a hold up, we'll aim to let you know and give you a timeline.
We offer free shippingon orders over $100* anywhere in Canada and $200* to customers in the USA. We ship worldwide, and offer up to the minute rates from our shipping partner DHL.
*Konro Grills and some other larger items are excluded from the free shipping offer.
How do I make a return on an online order?
No worries, we've got you sorted. Head over to https://knifewear.com/returns and follow the prompts.
Can I pick up my order Curbside / At the store?
Absolutely, as long as all the items you are looking for are in stock at the location you want to pickup from, you'll be able to select that at the checkout. If one or more items aren't at your preferred location we are happy to ship it to you.