Japanese sharpening experts have revered high density natural stones for ages. Delicate cloudy polishes and incredible edge retention make these guys absolutely worth their weight.
We recommend using a nagura stone with all natural stones to build the initial slurry.
|Disclaimer:Each stone is slightly different!
This basic care information will help you maximize the performance and life of your natural stone.
- Get a Nagura stone, with this you can build the slurry need to use this stone, use it every time. This will also help clean your natural stone.
- Use plenty of water this will act as a lubricant, preventing damaging the knife or the stone.
- Never ever use oil it will ruin your stone.
- DO NOT soak this stone.
- Do not keep stones in direct sunlight, extreme heat or cold (i.e. Inside of a car in winter). Please wipe excess water off from the stone before storing.
- Get a truing stone. This will help you to maintain right angle for sharpening, and will give you the best result. The flatter the stones are, the sharper knives get!
- Do not use on a full moon or in a forest, next to a large tree.