Garage Sale Disclaimer/Rules
- No holds, no special deals, no discounts, items are priced to move!
- First come, first served.
- If a customer purchase a knife online, but a customer also purchases it in store at the same time, the in store customer gets priority.
- No pre-sales, we gotta keep it fair!
- Handle may differ from one pictured
About the Shape: This is the knife for smaller jobs that are done on a cutting board. Perfect for slicing shallots, cutting herbs, and boning smaller proteins. Additionally, Petty knives are an indispensable tool for those who feel uncomfortable wielding a larger chef knife.
Chigusa-kou (Super blue carbon) Steel clad with Stainless Steel
||Wa (Japanese) handle, Octagon
About Teruyasu Fujiwara: Fujiwara san is a fourth-generation blacksmith, from a lineage that spans 130 years, but he is the first to focus on kitchen knives. Preferring carbon-steel for its sharpness but sympathetic to the customers who maintain it, Fujiwara san and his father invented a method to forge-weld stainless steel over carbon steel back in the 70s. This method is used all over Japan today.
As if forge-welding by hand weren’t enough, Fujiwara also starts with 3-times more steel than other blacksmiths. Although his forging takes longer, he is able to make his knives out-perform other knives of the same steel, purely through his forging technique. Fujiwara san truly is one-of-a-kind.
In store availability